PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS
Projects are being undertaken in various industries including Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, IT, etc.Effective project management leads to successful completion of projects; i.e. delivered on time, on budget, within scope, to specifications and meeting the customer’s expectations.This course provides you with a solid foundation of project management tools and techniques and the basics of project management that are vital to project success. Every project participant, from part-time team member to executive sponsor,becomes more effective once he or she understands these basics.
- Understand the basic project management concepts, tools and knowledge.
- Understand the PMI’s approach to project management.
- Benefit from the best practices according to the PMBOK Guide® 5th.
- Get familiar with the common vocabulary used in project management worldwide.
It provides the basis for understanding project management. Some of the topics covered include:
- Introduction to Project Management Institute (PMI) and its Credentials.
- Introduction to the PMBOK® Guide 5th edition.
- Relationships among Project Management, Program Management, Portfolio Management,and Operations Management.
- Areas of expertise needed by the project team.
- Role of the Project Manager.
- Project Life Cycle.
- Project Stakeholders.
- Overview of Project Management Process Groups including Initiation, Planning, Executing,Monitoring & Controlling, and Closing.