IATA, the International Air Transport Association is the intermediary between all the airlines in the world. Its major task is to ensure proper management of air traffic across several countries. It controls the traffic for over 200 airlines across countries to date since its inception in 1945.
The IATA, now one of the biggest air transport associations is headquartered in Canada.
The IATA deals with four things when it comes to airlines:
- The security of the passengers on board or at the airports, is an essential element of travelling, also given the increasing terrorism and hijacking of planes. The IATA ensures that there is tight security across the airlines that it has under its wings, to prevent any further terrorist attacks or hijacking like the 9/11.
- Air pollution is an increasing cause of a number of ailments, and airplanes contribute to the majority of it. Following the awareness of air pollution, the IATA, in collaboration with airlines, works on promoting and establishing a more energy efficient and environment friendly model and working of airplanes.
- The safety of the passengers is another element that the IATA focuses on. Air traffic control is one of the major tasks of the IATA. It works towards establishing air routes to avoid traffic and air accidents while also ensuring that the onboard following of rules and regulations is carried out properly.
- The IATA has numerous courses under its wings on travel and tourism, aviation, etcetera., for aspiring individuals. They provide you with certificates that are applicable globally, and the courses are one of the most esteemed aviation courses in the industry.
Some of the courses under IATA are:
Diploma in Travel and Tourism
This course is for aspirants who want to be on the tour side of things: advising passengers on flights, seats, car rentals, hotel rentals, tour packages, etcetera. You get to learn the geographical codes, the way to address customers, improve your interpersonal skills required for customer service. You are essentially an air travel agent dealing with customers directly.
Diploma in Travel and Sales Operation
With a diploma in travel and sales operation, you will be able to sell an array of travel packages to customers successfully and satisfactorily. You will, by the end of the course, be able to customise travels packages and itineraries , and provide advice on the best packages to customers. You will have all the knowledge when it comes to making itineraries for customers. You will be managing a team, and supervising their day-day tasks. You will not only be a salesperson, but also a marketer.
These are just a couple of examples of the courses provided by IATA. The courses are provided by IATA certified professionals and teachers who have had a real-time experience. You get hands-on training and experience with mock tests and assessments. You get a chance to intern for airlines and get real time experience along with scholarships. You also get to study in modern and sophisticated classrooms.
The benefits of IATA
IATA, as we established earlier, is one of the biggest air trade associations in the world with over 100 countries under its wings. If you are an aviation aspirant, a certificate from IATA alone should land you a job in no time.
- 12th standard or bachelor’s for regular courses.
- Good communication, reading and writing skills in English.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- To become an IATA consultant, one has to take the diploma course, for which, the eligibility is at least two years of work experience in the aviation industry.
- For an advanced course, the minimum eligibility is 3 and a half years of work experience in the aviation industry.
But let’s look at a few more benefits of IATA certified courses:
- The IATA certificate is valid across various travel agencies in the world. Which means that if you plan to work outside of India, or your native country, you do not have to take the hassle of getting your education migrated.
- The IATA courses are globally recognized. The instructors and trainers are also industry insiders with multiple years of experience.
- The courses are updated and changed according to the changing trends in the aviation industry.
- The IATA offers courses from the fundamentals to the very advanced. The fundamental courses require no minimum experience either.
- The courses offered by IATA will not only widen the scope of one’s career in the aviation industry, but also in car rentals, hotel rentals, land and water transportation due to the knowledge imparted in the courses about them.
What you learn through IATA courses:
- Learning to generate automated tickets or e-tickets.
- Complete knowledge of air fares and ticketing at counter.
- Booking of flights for passengers at counter or via phone.
- Creation of PNR
- World geographical knowledge and areas where IATA operates.
- Geographical codes of IATA.
- Knowledge of land and water transport.
- Planning itineraries and customised travel packages for customers.
- Learning if and how to process refunds, and how to process cancellations.
- Developing great interpersonal relationships and providing excellent customer service to ensure customer loyalty.
Who will benefit:
- Students who aspire to join the travel and tourism industry.
- Travel specialists
- Travel Agents
- Individuals or companies in the hotel industry
- Cruise companies
- Destination managing companies
- Airline representatives
IATA is a reputed association, with a reach beyond the imaginable. A certificate from IATA is set to build the foundation for your growing career in the aviation, travel and tourism, and hospitality industry. You can get a front-line or entry-level jobs in the aviation industry with these certificates without much hassle due to the recognition of IATA worldwide.
MNR Talent and Skill Development Institute (MNRTSDI), established in Dubai in 2015, is an educational institution providing exceptional courses to individuals in the travel and tourism industry, aviation, hospitality, engineering, logistics, IT, accounts and finance, languages and management, etcetera. Associated with numerous global agencies and associations, MNRTSDI is one of the best educational institutions in Dubai, Hyderabad and across 13 other cities all over India. We provide exclusive online classes for Indian students for career advancement so you can learn from the comfort of your home and be a globally certified candidate.