- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines.
- It was founded in Havana, Cuba, on 19 April 1945 with the aim to represent, lead, and serve the airline industry.
- IATA offers ISO9001 certified, ACCET accredited courses that train professionals and students to become airline staff.
Here are 9 things you need to know about these courses right away.
1.IATA represents 82% of the world’s air traffic
- IATA represents 290 airlines in 120 countries. This amounts to 82% of the world’s air traffic.
- IATA can offer the most valuable information in its courses by being associated with such a big part of the aviation industry.
- This enables IATA to provide a trained workforce for the airlines around the world.
- Thus they are also able to stand by their core values of representing and serving the airline industry.
2. IATA trains 100,000 students per year
- The association trains more than 100,000 students and professionals per year
- It offers around 350+ courses and 40+ diplomas.
- The courses have been developed around IATA’s areas of expertise and commitment to promoting industry standards worldwide.
- The training offered by IATA helps both employers and future employees.
- The employees and aspiring employees can build better career opportunities with these courses.
3. IATA courses are offered to people with a 10+2 certification
The majority of IATA courses are offered in air travel and tourism. Candidates who wish to take up these courses are expected to have a minimum qualification of 12th standard or above. The candidates should also have fairly good skills in English reading, writing and speaking. Geography is also important while taking these courses. Candidates are expected to have an understanding of the basic geography of different countries, continents and oceans.
The qualifications required also change based on the course being selected. However, the criteria given above should be met for most of the courses.
4. Average salary for professionals is between ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 2,00,000 per month
Professionals who have completed IATA courses have huge career opportunities in the aviation industry as ground support staff, airline customer support, ticketing officer, travel agency officer etc. Graduates or postgraduates who take these courses can get direct postings as operations manager, billing and settlement officer, travel agency manager, etc. These professionals get paid salaries between ₹ 45,000 and ₹ 2,00,000 per month.
5. Courses and diplomas designed by industry experts
IATA courses are designed by industry experts and veterans. These courses are constantly updated to keep up with changes in procedures, standards and demands of the aviation sector.
IATA’s diploma programs provide industry-specific qualifications that are recognized by the leading airlines of the world. Diploma’s generally consist of four courses and must be completed within a span of 3 years. Out of these four courses, some are mandatory and some are electives. Electives can be chosen from a list of courses that will be provided by IATA.
6. IATA courses cover a wide range of topics
The courses allow you to gain knowledge in a large variety of topics related to the airlines industry. This helps to heavily increase your employability.
The topics include :
- World geography
- IATA city codes
- Flight bookings and PNR creations
- Airline ticketing and CRS
- Airfare and ticketing fare constructions
- Itinerary planning and customer service
- Facilitation management
- Customer service and relationship
7. IATA From MNRTSDI, DUBAI
MNR Talent and Skill Development Institute (MNRTSDI) is a member of the highly reputed and well established MNR Educational Trust, Hyderabad, India founded by eminent Educationist Sri. M.N. Raju. MNRTSDI was also launched in Dubai in the year 2015 and licensed by the Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai.MNR TSDI is affiliated to various international bodies like IATA, HRCI, CACHE, etc. and conducting professional courses like IATA TRAVEL-TOURISM, IATA AVIATION, IATA CARGO, CPA, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING, HEALTH AND SAFETY and many more.
8. IATA Online Classes For Indian Students From MNRTSDI
MNRTSDI offers online IATA classes for Indian students who wish to advance their careers in the air travel and tourism industry. Our team of expert instructors give you the guidance required to take your career to the next level.
*Contact us today to ensure the smoothest completion of your IATA certification.
9. New secured digital award certificates
IATA has turned their paper certificates into printable secured digital award (SDA) Certificates, secured by block chain technology, which guarantees the integrity of your certificate for life.